I am an Associate Professor at the Department of Automatic Control, Lund University. I joined the department in 2012 as a postdoctoral researcher, working with Karl-Erik Årzén on resource allocation for cloud infrastructures and real-time systems. I became an Assistant Professor in 2014, and then Docent and Associate Professor in 2017.
I completed my Ph.D. at Politecnico di Milano, working with Alberto Leva on the applications of control-theoretical tools for the design of computing systems. During my Ph.D. I spent one year as a visiting graduate student at the Computer Science and Artificial Intelligence Laboratory at MIT, working with Anant Agarwal and Hank Hoffmann on the Self-Aware Computing project.
In 2019 I spent a sabbatical year at Bosch Corporate Research in Renningen, Germany, working with Dirk Ziegenbein and Arne Hamann on the verification and validation of control systems in presence of deadline misses and computational faults.
- Gautham Nayak Seetanadi (starting date: September 2015)
- Claudio Mandrioli (starting date: January 2018)
- Nils Vreman (starting date: August 2018)
- December 2019: Our paper on modeling request cloning was accepted and will be presented at ICPE2020.
- July 2019: Our paper on the fundamental limitations of schedule randomization was accepted and will be presented at CDC2019. We discuss bounds on the upper-approximated entropy that can be achieved by a set of valid schedules.
- May 2019: I have accepted to serve as program co-chair for ICCPS2020. Please consider submitting a paper.
- April 2019: Our paper on the design of the use of model checking to analyze a network of self-adaptive cameras with physical environmental disturbances was accepted and will be presented at ICAC2019.
- March 2019: Our paper on the design of control systems that are aware of potential deadline misses was accepted and will be presented at ECRTS2019.
- December 2018: Our paper on the use of formal models for GPS receivers to save energy and preserve trace accuracy was accepted and will be presented at ICCPS2019.
- August 2018: I have accepted to give a keynote at MED2019, on Feedback Control for Predictable Cloud Computing. You can check the talk details on the conference website.
- July 2018: I have accepted to serve as track chair for RTAS2019 Track 2 (Applied Methodologies and Foundations). Please consider submitting a paper. New: RTAS2019 follows a double-blind peer reviewing process and Track 1 has a broadened scope.
- June 2018: Our paper on the combination of load balancing and response time control for cloud infrastructures was accepted and will be presented at ICAC2018.
- April 2018: Our paper on the application of model checking to
timingrequirements on the execution of big data applications was accepted and will be presented at CCTA2018.
- March 2018: Our paper on the estimation of frame sizes for real-time transmission and infrastructure dimensioning for surveillance video streaming was accepted and will be presented at ECRTS2018. The paper is available online.
- January 2018: Our paper on controlling response times for cloud computing was accepted and will be presented at ACC2018, a publication preprint is now online.
- August 2017: Our paper on formal verification of event-triggered network bandwidth allocation strategies was accepted and will be presented at RTSS2017, a publication preprint is now online. The code for the experiments can be found on the GitHub repository.
- June 2017: Our paper on automated control for software applications that uses multiple actuators to tackle multiple objectives simultaneously was accepted and will be presented at FSE2017. A publication preprint is available online and further information, including the code for some of the experiments, can be found on the paper page.